Iced cappuccino slice
Cooking time:plus chilling
This ice-cream dessert is ideal for summer entertaining, as it can be made the day before, then simply removed from the freezer about 30 mins before serving.
- 50g (2oz) butter
- 175g (6oz) plain chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 175g (6oz) digestive biscuits, crushed
- 30ml (2tbsp) Camp coffee essence
- 600ml (1pt) double cream
- Chocolate curls, to decorate
- Line the base of a 20cm (8in) round spring-form tin with baking parchment. Place the butter and 50g (2oz) of the chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water and leave until melted. Remove from the heat and stir in the crushed biscuits. Press this mixture into the base of the tin. Chill in the fridge for 30 mins.
- Place the coffee essence and the rest of the chocolate in a clean bowl set over a pan of simmering water and leave until melted. Remove from the heat, stir gently, then leave to cool for 10 mins.
- Softly whip 450ml (3/4pt) of the cream, then fold in the coffee and chocolate mixture. Spread the flavoured cream over the biscuit base and level the surface. Freeze for 2-3 hrs or overnight.
- To serve, remove the tin from the freezer and leave to stand at room temperature for about 20 mins. Unclip the tin and transfer to a serving plate. Whip the rest of the cream until softly peaking and spread over the top. Decorate with the chocolate shavings and serve immediately.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 590(kcal)
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.