Baby food: Turkey puree
Skill level: Easy peasy
Turkey puree is perfect for 7+ month babies and is a cheap way of making a healthy meal for your baby after a Sunday roast! If you've made a roast turkey at the weekend or have even bought ready-cooked turkey breast, this is a great and simple recipe to get some protein in your baby's diet. You simply need to whizz up the turkey meat and slowly add water to it to reach the right consistency for your baby. It really couldn't be easier to make and will add some variety to your child's diet.
- 1 cup cold and cooked boneless turkey - chopped into no bigger than 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup cooking juice or plain water
- Place turkey chunks in blender or food processor and puree until a powdery mix is formed.
- Slowly add water and puree further until a smooth consistency is created.
- Add as much liquid as needed to make a consistency appropriate for your baby!