Skill level: Easy peasy
This Quorn veggie recipe has got loads of flavour. You can keep most of the ingredients in your store cupboard or freezer, allowing you to create this hot dish even when the fridge is bare. This recipe serves 4-6 people and will take around 30 mins to cook and 10 mins to prepare. This Quorn chilli is infused paprika, cumin and many other spices which makes it extra warming. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. Reheat thoroughly before serving again.
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 350g packet veggie mince
- 1tsp yeast extract
- 1-2tsp hot chilli powder
- 1tsp paprika
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 3tbsp tomato purée
- 2tbsp tomato ketchup
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 250ml (8fl oz) vegetable stock
- 1-2tsp sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 420g can red kidney beans, drained
- 420g can cannelini beans,drained
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and fry the onions and garlic until soft. Add the veggie mince and fry for a few mins. Then add the yeast extract and spices, using as much chilli powder as you like. Cook for a couple more mins.
- Add the tomato purée, ketchup, chopped tomatoes and stock. Bring to the boil, then gently simmer, uncovered, for 15 mins stirring from time to time. Flavour with the sugar and season.
- Add the beans and simmer for a further 10 mins, stirring occasionally. Serve with rice, a dollop of reduced fat crème fraîche and a little grated Cheshire cheese.