Avocado goat's cheese crostini
Skill level: Easy peasy
These goat's cheese crostinis are similar to bruschetta, but made with white bread instead of ciabatta. Perfect as a classy appetizer for a dinner party.
- 1 small thin baguette, cut into 12 thin slices
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 3 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, stoned and diced
- 100g (31/22 oz) Goat’s Cheese log, rind removed and crumbled (available from deli counter)
- Juice 1 small lemon
- 1 tbsp chopped basil, plus 12 small sprigs to garnish
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C/gas mark 4/160°C fan oven. Rub one side of each bread slice with garlic and brush each with a little extra virgin olive oil. Put onto a baking tray and bake in the oven for 10 mins until golden. Leave to go cold.
- Meanwhile, mash the avocado with nearly all the goat's cheese. Then fold in the remaining extra virgin olive oil and goats cheese, lemon juice, basil and onion. Season to taste.
- Top each crostini with a mound of the avocado mixture and garnish with a sprig of basil.