Chicken with cheesy tomatoes
Skill level: Easy peasy
Chicken escalopes, juicy tomatoes and rich blue cheese all combine to make a dish that's bursting with colour and taste.
- 4 chicken breasts, skinned and lightly batted out
- 15g (½oz) buttery spread
- Large handful of watercress, picked and lightly rinsed
- Pinch of sea salt
- Twist of black pepper
- 1tbsp olive oil for drizzling
- 6 plum tomatoes, halved lengthways
- 80g (3¼ oz) Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
If you're not a blue cheese fan, then Brie, Parmesan, Gruyere, Gouda and many more cheeses will melt just as well and taste equally good.
- Brush the chicken breast liberally with buttery spread. Season lightly with salt and pepper and char grill on a hot griddle or in a frying pan for 3-4 mins on each side until cooked.
- Meanwhile, place the tomato halves, cut side up on an oiled and seasoned baking tray. Season each with a sprinkling of salt flakes and twist of black pepper. Brush with a little buttery spread and place under a pre-heated grill. Cook for 5-6 mins until beginning to soften.
- Sprinkle the crumbled Gorgonzola over the tomatoes and return beneath the grill. As the cheese warms it will begin to melt and bubble over the tomatoes.
- Place the grilled chicken breasts in the centre of the plate and carefully arrange the grilled, softened gorgonzola tomato halves either on the plate or onto the chicken.
- Scatter the picked watercress salad across the top and drizzle with olive oil.