Chicken with onion, tomato and olive relish
Skill level: Easy peasy
The relish with this dish is really tasty and makes it stand out from other chicken dishes.
For the relish
- 1 sweet onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 50g pitted black olives
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped flat leaf parsley
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- First make the relish. Chop the sweet onion, tomatoes and black olives into fairly chunky pieces and put into a bowl. Add the chilli, parsley, lemon juice and olive oil. Mix together and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the chicken breasts between two pieces of cling film and beat it with a wooden rolling pin to flatten it out a little.
- Brush the chicken with the oil and season with salt and pepper. Heat the barbecue or a heavy-based ridged frying pan until very hot and cook the chicken, skin side down, for about 5 minutes. Then turn it over and cook for a further 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear.
- Serve the chicken with the relish on the side.