Spicy beef cannelloni
Fancy an alternative to spaghetti? Why not try this quick and easy pasta dish - spicy beef cannelloni
- 400g extra-lean minced beef
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1x450g pouch of Spicy Sauce
- 1 pinch fresh oregano
- 1 pinch fresh thyme
- 50g mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 50g ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 small bunch flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- 12 cannelloni
- Preheat oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4
- In a large pan, cook the beef over a high heat until browned. With a slotted spoon, remove from the pan
- Drain and discard nearly all the fat from the pan and add the onion, red pepper and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally for 4 mins or until soft.
- Return the beef to the pan along with the sauce, oregano and thyme, then heat through
- After 5 mins, remove sauce from heat
- Mix the cheeses together in a bowl, add half to the beef mix and stir, then add the parsley and egg yolk and mix well.
- Fill the cannelloni, then spread a little of the reserved sauce in the bottom of a baking dish. Place the cannelloni in dish and pour the remaining sauce over the top.
- Cover and bake for 30 mins, then remove cover. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 15 mins or until bubbly.