Mini muscovado meringues with chocolate fondue
Cooking time:15 minutes
These are gorgeous and a real treat... especially with the irresistible chocolate foundue!
- 3 medium egg whites
- 50g(2oz) Billington’s Golden Caster Sugar
- 50g (2oz) Billington’s Light Muscovado Sugar
- 50g (2oz) Billington’s Dark Muscovado Sugar
- 200g bar dark chocolate
- 142ml carton double cream
- 25ml (1floz) mild olive oil
- 500g packet strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 110ºC / (90ºC fan) / Gas Mark 1. Whisk the egg white in a clean grease-free bowl until stiffly peaking.
- Take one third of the egg white and put it into another bowl. Take another third of the egg white and put that into another bowl.
- Gradually whisk in the Golden Caster sugar into one bowl of egg white, just 1 tbsp at a time. Slowly whisk the Light Muscovado sugar into another bowl, and whisk the Dark Muscovado sugar into the third bowl.
- Line 2 baking sheets with baking parchment. Dollop teaspoon-fulls of the meringue mixture onto the baking sheets. Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes, then turn off the heat and leave in the oven for another 30 minutes.
- Put the chocolate, cream and olive oil into a bowl, resting over a pan of simmering water. Heat gently, stirring occasionally until the chocolate mixture is melted and smooth. Pour the chocolate into a little pot and arrange on a serving platter with the meringues and strawberries.