Fruity Italian sundaes
Cooking time:plus chilling time
Berries really are super-fruits, rich in antioxidants that help protect against cancer. They also have anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties and help to look after the eyes. The custard and crème fraîche in these desserts provide lashings of calcium, too.
- 60g (2 1/2oz) amaretti biscotti, broken into small pieces
- 110g (4oz) hulled and sliced strawberries
- 110g (4oz) blueberries
- 110g (4oz) raspberries
- 300g (11oz) low fat custard
- 200ml (7fl oz) half fat crème fraîche
- Place half of the amaretti biscuits in the bottom of four sundae or wine glasses.
- Reserving a few strawberry slices, 8 blueberries and 4 raspberries for decoration, divide the strawberries between the glasses. Add a quarter of the blueberries to each glass and then top with the raspberries, equally divided. Sprinkle most of the remaining biscotti over the raspberries.
- Mix together the custard and crème fraîche and pour the mixture over the fruit and amaretti. Chill until required and then decorate with the remaining strawberry slices, blueberries, raspberries and biscotti before serving.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 220(kcal)
- Fat 10.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.