Apple spiced muffins
Using wholewheat flour makes these muffins a little healthier than regular muffins. Serve warm to bring out the honey, apple and cinnamon flavour
- 175g (6oz) oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 175g (6oz) wholewheat flour
- 470g jar apple puree
- 1 eating apple, diced
- 4 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 200ml (7fl oz) honey
- 200g (7oz) raisins
- 150ml low fat natural yogurt
- Low fat buttery spread
- Sieve dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Add apple puree, diced apple, egg whites, honey, raisins and yogurt. Stir gently until all the flour is incorporated.
- Pour batter into 12 greased muffin tins.
- Bake in pre-heated oven 180C, 350F, Gas 4 for 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm or cold, cover with a low fat buttery spread
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 229(kcal)
- Fat 0.1g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.