James Tanner's maple-baked pork fillet
Try James Tanner's pork with a twist for an alternative Sunday lunch
- 150g pork fillet50g black pudding
- 250g mashed potato
- 3tbsp maple syrup
- 1 pear
- 50ml red wine
- 100ml beef stock
- 1 knob butter
- 1 chopped shallot
- Roast the pork in a sauté pan for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Bake in the oven at 200 C for further 5 minutes. Half way through baking add maple syrup by coating over the pork.
- After cooking, leave pork to rest on a wire rack for 2 minutes.
- Slice black pudding, drizzle with olive oil and cook for 3 minutes in oven at 200 C.
- Slice pear, coat in olive oil and chargrill on both sides for 2 minutes.
- For sauce, sauté shallot for 1 minute, then add the wine.
- Reduce the wine by half, add the stock and reduce liquid by two thirds. Strain and whisk in a knob of butter.
- To serve, heat mashed potato and arrange on plate then slice pork and arrange alternately with slices of black pudding over the chargrilled pear, drizzle red wine sauce.