Quick vegetable lasagne
Vegetarian food isn't just for vegetarians and this tasty lasagne is bound to appeal to even your most meat obsessed friends.
- 25g (1oz) buttery spread
- 25g (1oz) flour
- 425ml (3/4 pint) semi-skimmed milk drink
- 85g (3oz) Cheddar cheese, grated
- Black pepper
- 225g (8oz) small broccoli florets
- 2 x 400g cans ratatouille
- about 6 sheets no-need-to-pre-cook lasagne
- Put the buttery spread, flour and semi-skimmed milk drink into a saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring continuously, until thickened and smooth. Stir in half the cheese and seasoning to taste.
- Put the broccoli into a pan with about 4 tablespoons water, bring to the boil, cover and cook for about 5 minutes, shaking occasionally. Drain and stir the broccoli into the ratatouille.
- Spoon half the ratatouille mixture into a shallow ovenproof dish and top with lasagne sheets and half the sauce. Repeat the layers, finishing with a layer of sauce. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top.
- Cook in a preheated oven at 190C, 375F, Gas 5 for 30-40 minutes until cooked and golden brown.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 577(kcal)
- Fat 28.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.