Sausage rolls with a twist
Skill level: Bit of effort
Costs: Cheap as chips
Serve these with baked beans, corn on the cob or a mixed salad or serve at parties with your favourite relish or chutney.
- 500g pork chipolata sausages
- 500g packet puff pastry
- Tomato ketchup
- Mustard or Marmite
- Egg and milk
- Roll out 500g packet puff pastry on a floured surface (or use ready-rolled).
- Cut into 2.5 cm (1in) strips and dot with tomato ketchup, mustard or marmite
- Take each strip of pastry; place a Pork chipolata sausage on each strip and wind-up.
- Brush with beaten egg and milk beaten together and place on a baking sheet and cook in a preheated oven at 220°C (425°F, gas mark 7) for approximately 15 mins until golden.