Sweet potato scones
A bit like mashed potato, but better! These quick sweet potato scones take just minutes to make and taste great with butter and a slice of cheese.
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 350g (12oz) self-raising flour, sieved
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 15g (1/2oz) light buttery spread
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped chives
- 250ml (9fl oz) semi-skimmed milk drink
- Place potato on baking tray, pierce with a fork and bake at 190C, 375F, gas 5 for 45 minutes or until tender. Cool to room temperature.
- Peel and mash potato.
- Place flour and sugar into a bowl and rub in the light buttery spread.
- Stir in chives, potato and enough semi-skimmed milk drink to mix to a soft dough. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently until smooth.
- Roll lightly to 2cm thick and cut into 5cm (2 inch) rounds. Place on greased baking tray and brush tops with a little semi-skimmed milk drink.
- Bake in hot oven at 210C, 425F, gas 7 for 15 minutes or until cooked.