If you don't fancy these delicious flapjacks for your breakfast, they make a great mid-morning snack.
- 85g (3oz) mixed nuts eg walnuts, almonds, pecans, roughly chopped
- 200g (7oz) rolled oats
- 85g (3oz) self-raising flour
- 40g (1.5oz) dried cranberries
- 70g (2.5oz) unrefined demerara sugar
- 115g (4oz) light buttery spread, melted
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 egg
- 25g (1oz) sunflower and sesame seeds
- Pre-heat oven to 180C, 350F, Gas 4.
- Place all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Stir in the light buttery spread and golden syrup with the bananas and egg.
- Mix well and spoon into a greased shallow 22cm (9 inch) square tin. Smooth the surface and sprinkle with the seeds.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until cooked. Mark into 12 slices while still warm.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 242(kcal)
- Fat 11.9g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.