Chicken in white sauce
This is quick and easy to make after a hectic day and a great way to help kids get their five a day without realising.
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1tsp ready-prepared garlic (the lazy stuff!)
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 295g can condensed low-fat chicken soup
- 200g can creamed mushrooms
- 200g can sweetcorn, drained
- 1tbsp fresh mixed herbs, chopped, freshly ground black pepper
- 1tsp wholegrain mustard
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and fry the garlic and onion for 5 mins until softened.
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook for 5 mins until brown. Next, add the soup. Half fill the empty can with boiling water and add to the pan, together with the creamed mushrooms, sweetcorn and mixed herbs. Season with black pepper and simmer for about 20 mins, stirring regularly.
- Just before serving, stir in the wholegrain mustard if you fancy using it. This adds a more tangy taste. Serve with boiled rice and vegetables.