Dark chocolate mocha mousse
Cooking time:including setting time
Skill level: Bit of effort
A really rich, velvety smooth mousse to serve on special occasions.
- 4 egg yolks
- l25g (4oz) caster sugar
- 275ml (1/2 pint) milk
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 2tsp gelatine
- 4tsp instant coffee
- l00g (3.5oz) dark chocolate
- 284ml (1/2 pint) double cream
- 6 chocolate flakes
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar together.
- Heat the milk and vanilla essence almost to boiling point, then whisk slowly on to the eggs.
- Pour into a pan and stir the custard over a low heat until thickened a little, but do not allow it to boil.
- Sprinkle gelatine over the hot custard and allow it to dissolve before straining to ensure it is smooth.
- Dissolve the coffee in 2tbsp hot water and melt the chocolate in this then whisk into the custard. Cool before folding in the lightly whipped cream.
- Refrigerate until beginning to set, then pipe or spoon the mousse into the glasses.
- Decorate with Flake or a made chocolate decoration. Serve chilled.
Recipe courtesy of Cadbury's