Cooking time:setting time
Give yourself a treat with this richly indulgent cheesecake, ideal for parties.
- 125g (4oz) butter
- 225g (8oz) digestive biscuits
- 350g (12oz) cream cheese
- 75g (3oz) caster sugar
- 100g (3.5oz) dark chocolate
- 125ml (1/4 pint) milk
- 20ml (4tps) gelatine
- 2 large oranges
- 284ml (1/2 pint) double cream
- 6 chocolate flakes
- Melt the butter, stir in the finely crushed biscuits then press half the mixture into an ungreased 20 cm (8 inch) loose based cake tin, base lined tin and chill.
- Mix the cream cheese and sugar together.
- Melt the chocolate in the milk then cool slightly before mixing into the cheese mixture with the gelatine dissolved in 2 tablespoons of boiling water.
- Finely grate the rind of 1 orange then segment both; save 8 segments for the topping and chop remainder.
- Fold the orange rind and chopped pieces into the cheese mixture, with half the lightly whipped cream.
- Pour into the tin, on top of the biscuits and leave to set for at least an hour. When set, carefully press the remaining biscuit mixture onto the cheesecake and chill.
- Gently turn cheesecake out onto a plate. Spread top with whipped cream.
- Decorate edge with thin pieces of flake and orange segments in the centre.