Lime and ginger cheesecake
Total time:(includes 30 mins chilling time)
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Lime and ginger cheesecake is a creamy no-bake cheesecake suitable for all occasions, from dessert at a dinner party to part of a buffet. This cheesecake makes individual servings which makes it perfect for dishing up at a dinner party and if you're entertaining a big group you can easily double the ingredients to make enough for everyone. This lime and ginger cheesecake is super light and no-bake, and the filling is perfectly whipped to make it really airy, which is a nice change from the sometimes quite stodgey cheesecake recipes you can get. You'll find yourself making this time and time again as it's so easy.
- 200g pack stem ginger cookies, crushed
- 50g (2oz) butter, melted
- 2 x 250g tubs mascarpone cheese
- 40g (1 1/2oz) icing sugar, sifted
- Finely grated zest and juice of 2 limes
- Mix together the crushed biscuits and melted butter and press into the base of an 18cm (7in) spring sided or loose-bottomed cake tin (also makes 4 small individual desserts).
- Place the mascarpone, icing sugar, lime zest and juice in a bowl and beat together. Spread over the biscuit base.
- Chill for 30 minutes.