Pumpkin feta filo triangles
In Greece, pumpkin is used in both sweet and savoury pie fillings. Try this quick and easy savoury party snack.
- 300g canned pumpkin puree
- 200g feta, crumbled (like Cypressa)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1tsp salt
- ½ tbsp red chili flakes (or to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- One pack of fresh filo pastry
- Olive oil
- 1 egg white, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F) and line a baking sheet with baking parchment.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the pumpkin, feta, egg, salt, chili flakes, and pepper.
- Lay out a sheet of filo pastry on a clean work surface and cut into three-inch strips lengthwise. Using a large soup spoon, place a dollop of the pumpkin mixture at the top right-hand corner of the filo strip. Take the top right-hand corner and fold over the pumpkin mixture to the left. The strip should now have the beginnings of a triangle, with the peak at the upper left-hand corner. Continue folding the strip in the shape of a triangle (as if you are folding a flag), brushing the filo pastry with olive oil before each fold. Once you've reached the end of the strip, place on the baking sheet and brush with egg white.
- Continue until all the pumpkin mixture has been used, making about 15 triangles.
- Bake for 30 mins, or until the filo is crispy and a dark golden brown. Serve immediately.