Chocolate tiramisu cake
This indulgent chocolate dessert can also be made a day ahead. Simply decorate with the cream and chocolate curls before serving. Itís a great dessert option to serve up if youíre entertaining as itís completely stress free if youíve got it ready in the fridge, and as this recipe serves 10, it stretches really far too. With Marsala wine and strong black coffee to add an extra layer of flavour, this dish will please anyone that tastes it!
- 200g tub mascarpone cheese
- 75g (3oz) caster sugar
- 60ml (4tbsp) Marsala wine
- 150g (5oz) plain chocolate, melted
- 300ml (1/2pt) double cream
- 150ml (1/4pt) strong black coffee
- 45ml (3tbsp) coffee liqueur, such as Tia Maria
- 24 sponge fingers
- Chocolate curls and cocoa powder, to decorate
- To make this chocolate cake, place the mascarpone cheese in a large bowl and beat in the sugar and Marsala wine. Stir in the melted chocolate. In a separate bowl, softly whip two-thirds of the cream. Fold the cream into the chocolate mixture.
- Line a 900g (2lb) loaf tin with cling film. Mix together the coffee and coffee liqueur. Trim 8 of the sponge fingers to fit the base of the tin. Dip each trimmed sponge finger into the coffee mixture, then place in the base of the tin.
- Spread over half the chocolate cream, then top with 8 more sponge fingers dipped in the coffee mixture.
- Spread over the rest of the chocolate cream and cover with the rest of the dipped sponge fingers pressing down gently. Cover with cling film and foil. Chill in the fridge overnight.
- To serve, turn out on to a plate. Softly whip the rest of the cream and spread over the top of the terrine. Decorate with chocolate curls and sifted cocoa powder.