Skill level: Easy peasy
An interesting Spanish omelette, which is very simple to make. Use mozzarella and fresh basil to give this a slight twist
- 6 medium eggs
- 15ml (1tbsp) milk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Knob of butter
- 8 halved cherry tomatoes
- 100g (4oz) diced mozzarella
- Handful fresh shredded basil
- Fresh basil leaves, to garnish
- Beat the eggs with the milk and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large knob of butter in a medium-size non-stick frying pan until melted.
- Pour in the eggs and cook over a gentle heat for 3-4 mins until the base is set.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, diced mozzarella and shredded basil.
- Cook for a further 2-3 mins then pop under a preheated grill and cook until the top is golden brown and the cheese has melted. Serve in wedges garnished with fresh basil leaves.