Gnocchi with parsley pesto
A simple, tasty and filling Italian dish that combines fresh parsley pesto with potato gnocchi. This recipe is suitable for vegetarians.
- 25g (1oz) pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 50g (2oz) parsley, roughly chopped
- 100ml (4oz) olive oil
- 100g (4oz) mushrooms, wiped and finely diced
- 2 x 400g packets potato gnocchi
- Freshly chopped parsley
- Place the pine nuts, garlic, parsley and all but 30ml (2tbsp) of the olive oil in a food processor or blender and process for 1-2 mins until finely minced. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat the rest of the oil in a frying pan and add the diced mushrooms. Cook over a high heat until browned.
- Meanwhile, cook the gnocchi in a large pan of lightly salted boiling water for 3-4 mins until they just rise to the surface. Drain well.
- Add the gnocchi and parsley pesto sauce to the frying pan and stir gently to mix. Cook for 1-2 mins until just heated through. Adjust the seasoning to taste and serve garnished with the chopped parsley.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 636(kcal)
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.