Lamb koftas with minted couscous
A light and refreshing middle-eastern dish with a zesty twang.
- Koftas450g (1lb) minced lamb
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 10ml (2tsp) ground coriander
- 10ml (2tsp) ground cumin
- 5ml (1tsp) paprika
- 30ml (2tbsp) fresh
- coriander, chopped
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 225g (8oz) couscous
- 45ml (3tbsp) olive oil
- 15ml (1tbsp) lemon juice
- 1/2 cucumber, finely diced
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 45ml (3tbsp) fresh mint, chopped
- 4 tomatoes, cut into chunks
- Lemon wedges and mint sprigs, to garnish
- To make the koftas, place the mince, onion, garlic, spices, fresh coriander and lemon juice in a food processor. Season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper, then process until very finely minced.
- Divide the mixture into 12 and shape each into an oval. Push each oval on to the end of a long wooden skewer and place on a foil-lined grill pan. Cook the koftas under a preheated medium grill for 8-10 mins, turning frequently until browned and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, prepare the couscous. Place the couscous in a bowl and pour over 250ml (9fl oz) boiling water. Cover and leave to soak for 5 mins. Fluff the couscous with a fork and stir in the olive oil, lemon juice, cucumber, spring onions and mint. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve the koftas with the couscous and tomatoes, garnished with lemon wedges and mint sprigs.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 566(kcal)
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.