Lamb tikka with naan bread
Prep time:plus marinating
You can make this Indian dish as hot as you like
- 4 lamb steaks
- 30ml (2tbsp) tikka masala curry paste
- 45ml (3tbsp) natural yogurt
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 4 garlic and coriander naan breads
- Sliced tomato, cucumber and onion, to serve
- Few salad leaves, to garnish
- Place the lamb steaks in a shallow dish. Mix together the curry paste, yogurt and lemon juice, and spread over the steaks. Cover and leave to marinate at room temperature for 1 hr.
- Grill the marinated steaks under a preheated medium grill for 6-8 mins on each side until just cooked and lightly charred in places. Leave the cooked steaks to rest for 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle the naan breads lightly with water and heat under the grill for 2-3 mins. Slice the steaks and serve on the hot naan breads with the sliced tomato, cucumber and onion. Garnish with the salad leaves.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 525(kcal)
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.