Lemon cheesecake with red berry topping
Total time:(plus chilling time)
This lemon cheesecake and red berry topping can be made one day in advance and although it has to be baked, couldn't be easier to make. Make sure to remove the cheesecake from the fridge 1 hour before serving and top with the fruit at the last minute for a really pretty dinner party dessert, afternoon tea treat or whenever you're peckish for something sweet! With cranberries, pomegranate and raspberries, this is a really fruity cheesecake with a fresh lemon filling which isn't too heavy - that's why we love it so much!
- 175g (6oz) digestive biscuits, crushed
- 65g (2 1/2oz) butter, melted
- 2 x 200g tubs of soft cheese
- 100g (4oz) caster sugar
- Finely grated rind from 1 lemon
- Juice from 2 lemons
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 150ml (1/4pt) soured cream
- 15ml (1tbsp) cornflour
For the topping:
- 75g (3oz) caster sugar
- 225g (8oz) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 100g (4oz) fresh raspberries
- Seeds from 1 pomegranate
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4. Mix together the crushed biscuits and melted butter, and press into the base of a 20cm (8in) base-lined spring-form tin. Chill in the fridge.
- Place the soft cheese and sugar in a bowl and beat until smooth. Beat in the lemon rind and juice followed by the eggs and soured cream. Fold in the cornflour.
- Pour the mixture over the biscuit base. Place on a baking sheet and cook for 35-40 mins until just set. Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake in the oven until cold.
- To make the topping, place the sugar in a pan with 75ml (3fl oz) water. Simmer until the sugar has dissolved. Add the cranberries and cook for 4-5 mins until just tender. Remove from the heat and leave to cool, then stir in the raspberries and pomegranate seeds.
- To serve, remove the cheesecake from the tin and spoon over the berry topping.