Lemon and raspberry pavlovas
Lemon and raspberry pavlovas are a great dessert option if you want to impress your guests. You only need eight ingredients to make these lovely individual pavlovas, and they're basic ingredients that you probably already have in your cupboard. These crispy little pavlovas are great with fromage frais, lemon curd and Greek yogurt, topped with fresh fruits like raspberries. If you make more individual pavlovas than you need, you can leave the pavlovas unfilled and they’ll keep in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
- 3 medium egg whites
- 175g (6oz) caster sugar
- 5ml (1tsp) cornflour
- 5ml (1tsp) white wine vinegar
- 90ml (6tbsp) fromage frais
- 90ml (6tbsp) Greek yogurt
- 30ml (2tbsp) lemon curd
- Fresh raspberries to decorate
- To make these mini pavlovas, preheat the oven to 150°C, 275°F, Gas 1. Line a large baking sheet with parchment. Draw 6 10cm (4in) circles on the parchment. Turn the paper over.
- Whisk the egg whites in a clean, grease-free bowl until they're stiff. Gradually whisk in the sugar, 15ml (1tbsp) at a time, to form a firm and glossy meringue.
- Blend the cornflour and vinegar together and fold into the meringue. Divide the meringue between the circles, making a slight dip in the centre with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 1-11/4hrs until light golden and crisp on the outside. Cool for 5 mins, then peel off the paper and leave the meringues to cool completely.
- Place the fromage frais in a bowl and fold in the Greek yogurt and lemon curd. Spoon into the pavlovas, decorate with the raspberries and serve.