Pepper and salmon parcels
This is a great way to cook fish with lots of flavour, but no fat.
- 1 red pepper, deseeded
- 2 peeled carrots
- 4 spring onions
- 75g (3oz) mangetout
- Small piece root ginger
- 4 x 175g (6oz) salmon fillets
- 30ml (2tbsp) dry sherry
- 30ml (2tbsp) soy sauce + more to serve
- squeeze of lime or lemon juice
- Cut out four large circles of greaseproof paper. Toss together the thinly sliced red pepper, carrots, the spring onions, trimmed and sliced, the mangetout and the peeled and thinly sliced root ginger.
- Divide half the mixture between the four circles. Place a salmon fillet on top, then the rest of the vegetables.
- Mix together the sherry and the soy sauce with lime or lemon juice and pour over the salmon and vegetables.
- Wrap the greaseproof paper around each salmon fillet to completely enclose it and seal the edges by folding tightly together.
- Slide the parcels on to a large baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C, 350°F, Gas 4. oven for 20-25 mins until the salmon is just cooked.
- To serve, transfer the fish on to serving plates and drizzle soy sauce over each fillet. Serve with boiled rice and lime or lemon wedges.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 310(kcal)
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.