Pork stir-fry with plum sauce
Skill level: Easy peasy
Simple but effective Chinese dish - this pork stir-fry with ginger is cheap to make and ready in less than 20 minutes
- 30ml (2tbsp) oil
- 275g (10oz) lean pork fillet, cubed
- 90ml (6tbsp) plum sauce
- 5ml (1tsp) grated root ginger
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 350g packet of fresh stir-fry vegetables
- Prawn crackers, to serve
- Heat half the oil in a frying pan and add the pork fillet. Fry over a medium heat for 12-15 mins until golden brown and cooked through. Stir in the plum sauce and simmer for 1-2 mins until just heated through. Heat the remaining oil in a wok until sizzling. Add the root ginger, crushed garlic and stir-fry vegetables and stir-fry over a very high heat for 2-4 mins.
- Pile the vegetables into bowls and top with the pork in plum sauce.
- Serve immediately with prawn crackers, if liked.