Rum and raisin pineapple
An unusual dessert with a bit of a kick - the good news is this dessert is ready in minutes!
- 25g (1oz) raisins
- 75ml (5tbsp) dark rum
- 100g (4oz) demerara sugar
- 1 small pineapple
- 2.5ml (1/2tsp) mixed spice
- Ice-cream or sorbet, to serve
- Place the raisins and rum in a pan. Leave to soak for 15 mins. Add 150ml (1/4pt) water and 75g (3oz) of the sugar and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved. Simmer for 8-10 mins until syrupy.
- Meanwhile, cut the pineapple into 8 wedges (keeping on the stalk and leaves if possible). Cut away the tough centre core from each wedge. Place on a baking sheet and sprinkle over the rest of the sugar and mixed spice. Cover the leaves with foil to prevent burning.
- Cook under a medium pre-heated grill for 4-5 mins on each side. Serve the hot pineapple wedges with the rum and raisin syrup and with a scoop of ice- cream or sorbet.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 260(kcal)
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.