Salmon with peas and lettuce
An unusual use for lettuce
- 15ml (1tbsp) oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 4 Little Gem lettuces, shredded
- 150ml (1/4pt) vegetable stock
- 225g (8oz) frozen peas
- 450g (1lb) piece salmon fillet, cut into 12 thin strips
- 15ml (1tbsp) fresh parsley. chopped
- 15g (1/2oz) butter
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan and fry the shallot for 2-3 mins until softened. Stir in the lettuce and cook for 1 min, then add the stock and peas. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and simmer for 2-3 mins.
- Meanwhile, heat the rest of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan and fry the salmon strips for 1-2 mins on each side until golden.
- Stir the parsley, butter and lemon juice into the lettuce and peas and divide between four serving bowls. Top with the salmon and serve immediately.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 262(kcal)
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.