Summer berry fruit fool
Prep time:(may need a bit longer for the fruit to defrost)
Cooking time:(may need an extra 10 mins)
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This handy dessert uses frozen fruit, so you can make it any time of the year.
- 225g (8oz) frozen mixed summer berries
- 75g caster sugar
- Lemon juice
- 300ml (1/2pt) double cream
- Vanilla essence
- Place 225g (8oz) frozen mixed summer berries in a bowl with 75g (3oz) caster sugar and a squeeze of lemon juice. Leave for 1-2 hrs until the fruit has defrosted.
- Purée half the fruit and syrup by pushing through a fine sieve. Spoon the rest of the fruit and syrup intothe base of 4 serving glasses.
- Whip the double cream with a few drops of vanilla essence until just softly peaking (take care not to overwhip the cream).
- Gently fold in the fruit purée and spoon equally into 4 tall glasses. Chill for 30 mins before serving, decorated with fresh strawberries.