Stilton and walnut dip
This flavoursome dip will be a big hit at parties. Great with a carrot stick or two!
- Curd cheese or quark 150g (5oz)
- Stilton cheese 150g (5oz), crumbled
- Soured cream 150g (5oz)
- Snipped chives 2 heaped tbsp, plus extra to garnish
- Chopped walnuts 50g (2oz), plus extra to garnish
- Paprika to garnish
- Put curd cheese, Stilton and soured cream into a bowl and beat together by hand, or with a hand-held electric mixer, until mixture is fairly smooth. Do not over beat or it will spoil the dip's colour.
- Gently mix chives and walnuts into cheese mixture and then spoon into a serving bowl. Sprinkle with paprika, chives and extra walnuts. Cover with cling film and refrigerate until required.
- Serve dip with lightly toasted slices of French bread. It also tastes good with vegetable crudités.