Cheese and apple samosas
Skill level: Easy peasy
These alternative desserts also make great snacks and are quick and easy to make
- 1 packet of ready-made pastry
- 6 tsp apple purée
- 6 slices of cheese
- 1 egg, beaten (for glazing)
- Take a packet of ready made pastry and roll out to about 5mm thick.
- Cut out 6cm diamond shapes and put a blob of apple purée and a slice of cheese in the centre of each.
- Fold to make triangular 'samosas' and moisten the edges with water to seal. Put the pastries into the fridge to rest for 20 minutes.
- Place on a baking tray, glaze with a little beaten egg and bake in a pre-heated oven (180°C/375°F/gas 4) for 10-12 minutes or until the pastry is cooked through and golden brown. Allow to cool on a rack and serve while still warm.