Turkey and egg bagel
This posh version of egg on toast wouldn't look out of place in a restaurant. It is quick to prepare and is perfect for a romantic breakfast in bed
- 170g (6oz) wafer thin turkey ham2 bagels or similar rolls
- Butter or margarine for spreading
- 2 eggs
- 100g (3 1/2oz)butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Handful of chopped tarragon
- Fresh lemon juice
- Make Hollandaise sauce first. Melt the butter slowly in a pan over a low heat, then set aside.
- Whisk the egg yolks and the water in a bowl. Put this bowl in a larger saucepan filled with hot water. Do not allow water to boil. Whisk thoroughly until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Add the melted butter slowly, whisking vigorously.
- Add the pepper, chopped tarragon, lemon juice and salt to taste. Keep warm while the eggs are prepared.
- Cut the two bagels or rolls in half and lightly toast under a grill. Spread with butter or margarine.
- Poach the eggs either directly into boiling water, or in a poached egg pan. Poach until yolk is set to preferred consistency.
- Arrange slices of turkey ham on top of the bagels or rolls and then carefully place the poached eggs on the top.
- Pour the Hollandaise sauce over the egg and turkey ham as desired.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 394(kcal)
- Fat 22.7g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.