Boudin of chicken with beetroot
Prep time:plus chilling time
Skill level: Easy peasy
If you love beetroot, try this great chicken recipe. It's so simple but looks complex enough to really impress your friends and family.
- 4 Supremes of Chicken200g Sweetfire Beetroot
- 1 Clove of garlic
- 20ml Balsamic Vinegar
- 20ml Honey
- Black Pepper Salt
- 1 Egg White
For the Dressing:
- 80g Sweetfire Beetroot
- ½ tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1tsp olive oil
- Place the chicken breasts between 2 large pieces of cling film and batten out with a rolling pin until very thin.
- Place all the other ingredients in a processor and blend until very smooth but quite thick.
- Spread the beetroot paste over the chicken breasts, just enough to cover.
- Roll up the chicken, using the cling film to help keep the roll tight.
- Wrap each chicken roll in a piece of cling film like a sausage, and tie the film at both ends.
- Fill a pan with water, bring to the boil and poach the chicken rolls for 15-20 minutes. Remove from the pan and chill until completely cold.
- To make the dressing, puree the beetroot in a food processor, add the balsamic vinegar to taste and a little olive oil to adjust to a spooning consistency.
- To serve, square off the ends of each roll and cut in half at an angle. Stand the chicken on a plate with a baby leaf salad and the beetroot dressing.