Turkey ham, cheese and courgette muffins
Costs: Cheap as chips
These savoury muffins are so moreish, you'd better make sure you've baked enough!
- 170g/6 oz wafer thin turkey ham, cut into strips
- 200g/7 oz plain flour, sifted
- 1tbsp baking powder
- 1tsp sugar
- 100g/3.5 oz grated cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 300ml milk
- 2tbsp oil
- 2tbsp Dijon or wholegrain mustard
- 1 medium sized courgette, grated
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar and grated cheese.
- Beat egg in a separate bowl, add milk, oil and Dijon mustard. Add wet ingredients to dry mix and fold in gently.
- Add the courgette and turkey ham and fold in gently. Do not beat or overmix.
- Spoon in to fill muffin cases until 3/4 full and bake in a pre-set oven at 190°C/375ºF/gas 5 for 20-25mins.
- Serve with cream cheese or butter.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 208(kcal)
- Fat 9.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.