Skill level: Easy peasy
This tried and tested combo of bacon, lettuce and tomato makes this sandwich perfect at lunch and dinner or for a tasty snack.
- 8 slices smoked back bacon
- 4tbsp mayonnaise
- 1tbsp French mustard
- 8 slices mixed seed bread
- Half a 170g (6oz) bag shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1 avocado, halved and sliced
- Grill the bacon, turning once, until cooked. Mix the mayonnaise and mustard, then spread over the sliced bread. Fill with the bacon, lettuce, tomatoes and avocado. Serve straight away.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 490(kcal)
- Fat 28.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.