Start your day with a bang with these tasty breakfast muffins packed full of blueberries, nuts and seeds
- 25g (1oz) pumpkin seeds
- 25g (1oz) sunflower seeds
- 225g (8oz) plain wholemeal flour
- 2tsp baking powder
- 1tsp mixed spice
- 1tbsp poppy seeds
- 250g (9oz)bag dried fruit Mix
- 50ml sunflower oil
- 175ml semi-skimmed milk
- 2 large eggs
- 100ml clear honey
- 150g (5oz) pack fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/392°F/gas 6. Line a muffin baking tray or bun tray with 12 paper muffin cases. Spread the pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds on a baking tray, and put in the oven for 5 minutes until they are lightly coloured.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, mixed spice, poppy seeds, dried fruit, pumpkin and sunflower seeds in a large bowl.
- Put the oil, milk, eggs and honey in another bowl and whisk until mixed. Pour into the dry ingredients and quickly stir with a large metal spoon ? don't over-stir or the muffins will be tough. Add the fresh blueberries and mix in gently.
- Spoon into muffin cases, bake for 25 minutes, then cool on a wire rack. They will keep in the fridge for 2 to 3 days, or can be frozen.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 250(kcal)
- Fat 9.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.