Brie and cranberry torte
Skill level: Easy peasy
In this easy recipe rich, creamy brie combines with sweet cranberries and raspberries. Use it as a starter or with salad as a light lunch. It's also impressive for a party or buffet.
- A small, whole brie about 20 cm in diameter3tbsp caster sugar
- 200g (7oz) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 75g (3oz) fresh or frozen raspberries
- 2tsp arrowroot
- Baguette or other crusty bread
- Gently heat the sugar and 2tbsp water in a saucepan until the sugar dissolves. Add the cranberries and raspberries to the pan and stir, turn the heat up, cover the pan and cook for about 4-5 mins until the cranberries start to split, shaking the pan occasionally.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the arrowroot mixed with a tbsp of water. Put the pan back on a gentle heat until the juice turns clear. Set aside to cool and chill in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Carefully slice the top layer of rind off the Brie and spread over the cranberry topping. Cut torte into wedges and serve with slices of baguette or other crusty bread.