Cheese and chilli bread
This easy-to-make bread is simply irresistible and is perfect to share with friends for lunch, a party or barbecue nibble.
- 1 rustic French loaf or large baguette
- 125g (4 1/2 oz) softened garlic butter
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and sliced
- 6 slices of ham, torn
- 150g (5oz) camembert, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6. Use a bread knife to make diagonal slices in the loaf without cutting all the way through. 2. Spread the garlic butter between the slices then insert the chillies, ham and two thirds of the cheese.
- Top with the remaining camembert, then wrap loosely in foil. Bake for 10 mins until golden and crisp. Serve warm.