- 2tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, peeled and chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced finely
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 450g fresh ripe tomatoes, halved
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 1tsp sugar
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the onions, carrot and garlic. Cover and cook for 10 mins until soft.
- Score the bottom of the tomatoes with a sharp knife and place in boiling water for 2 mins.
- Transfer to a bowl of cold water and then remove the skins.
- Chop tomatoes and push through a sieve into the pan, to remove the pips.
- Add the sugar, salt and pepper. Stir and cook for another 5 mins.
- Add the stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 mins. Liquidise until smooth.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.