Chickpea and potato curry
This easy Chickpea and potato curry recipe serves 2 people and will take around 25 mins to prepare and cook. If you're fed up with chicken curry dishes then you really must try this vegetable one with a twist - it's also much more healthy! It really doesn't take much to make this mouth-watering curry. The soft chickpeas and the tender potatoes work wonders together with the curry paste. This delicious curry is just perfect served with naan bread for dipping.
- 2 medium potatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1-2tbsp korma curry paste
- 300g (10 1/2oz) can chickpeas, drained
- Small bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Olive oil
- Cook the potatoes in lightly salted boiling water for 10 to 15 minutes. Pierce with a knife to check they are tender.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan, add the onion and cook for 5 to 6 minutes, until soft.
- Stir in the curry paste, chickpeas and 250ml cold water. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes, add to the frying pan and mix well, then stir in the fresh coriander. Serve immediately.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 370(kcal)
- Fat 38.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.