Cajun spiced chicken with pineapple salsa
Skill level: Easy peasy
This dish is sweet, spicy and very tasty.
- 2tbsp plain flour
- 2tsp Cajun seasoning
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- 2tbsp olive oil
- half a fresh pineapple, peeled and roughly chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1tbsp chopped fresh mint
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6. Mix together the flour and Cajun seasoning and sprinkle on a plate. Rub the chicken with half the oil, then coat well with the seasoned flour.
- Heat the remaining oil in a nonstick frying pan, making sure that it covers the surface of the pan. Add the chicken breasts and cook for 2 mins on each side.
- Put the chicken in an oven-proof dish in a single layer and cook for about 20 mins, until tender and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, mix the pineapple, lime juice, chilli and mint together.
- Slice the chicken and serve with the pineapple salsa.