Chicken and sweetcorn pie
Kids will love the sweet-tasting ingredients in this hearty chicken pie
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 1 small carrot
- 1/2 small onion
- 1/4tsp mixed dried herbs
- 200g peeled potatoes, cut into chunks
- 225g peeled butternut squash, cut into chunks
- 75ml full-fat milk
- 15g butter
- 15g flour
- 200g can sweetcorn, drained
- 25g Cheddar, grated
- Poach the chicken in 200ml water for 20 mins with the carrot, onion and herbs. Remove the chicken and carrot and set aside. Discard onion. Boil liquid until reduced to 200ml. Purée with the carrot to make a chicken stock.
- Boil the potatoes and squash until tender and mash with 1tbsp milk.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/180ºC Fan/gas 6. Melt butter in a pan, remove from heat and stir in flour. Whisk in stock and remaining milk. Heat until boiling, while whisking.
- Cube chicken and put in a pie dish with sauce and sweetcorn. Top with the mash and sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 15 mins.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 480(kcal)
- Fat 14.0g
- Saturates 8.0g
- Sugars 12.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.