Skill level: Easy peasy
A colourful, spicy dish with a hint of the Deep South
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 sticks celery, sliced
- 350g long grain rice
- 400g can tomatoes with chillies and peppers
- 175g chorizo, diced
- 326g can sweetcorn, drained
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan, add the onion and celery and gently fry until the onion is soft and golden. Stir in the rice, making sure that all the grains are completely coated in the oil.
- Add the tomatoes, chorizo and 500ml hot water. Season to taste, cover and simmer for about 12 mins until all the water has been absorbed.
- Add the sweetcorn, heat it through and serve garnished with flat-leaf parsley, if you like.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 600(kcal)
- Fat 18.0g
- Saturates 5.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.