A king among fish, Dover sole has a delicate taste and slightly firm texture. This member of the flatfish family is best cooked whole and served with a butter sauce or squeeze of lemon.
- 1 whole Dover sole (approx 300g)
- Olive oil or melted butter
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- Lemon wedge, to serve
- Preheat the grill to medium. Brush one side of the sole with the oil or butter. Sprinkle with half the lemon juice.
- Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, then turn the fish over. Brush with more oil or butter and sprinkle over the remaining lemon juice.
- Cook for a further 8 to 10 minutes. Garnish with a wedge of lemon and serve with seasonal vegetables.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 260(kcal)
- Fat 15.0g
- Saturates 8.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.