Bloody Mary cocktail
Skill level: Easy peasy
The Bloody Mary cocktail, created in 1930s New York, contains vodka, tomato juice, spices and flavourings like Worcester or Tabasco sauce, celery, salt and pepper and lemon juice. It takes its name from its rich red colour.
- 3 oz tomato juice1 1/2 oz vodka1/2 oz lemon juice
- 1 dash of Worcestershire sauce
- Hot pepper sauce
- Celery salt
- Ground pepper
- Celery stalk
- Lemon and/or lime wedge for garnish
- Pour the liquid ingredients one at a time in the order above into a highball glass with ice.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Add the seasonings and stir.
- Garnish with the celery and citrus wedge.
- Enjoy your Bloody Mary