Cooking time:plus chilling time
Skill level: Easy peasy
These healthy chickpea burgers are great for kids and ideal for vegetarians. They're so easy to make and taste delicious too. Sandwich in between two soft buns, pack with veggies and serve with salad and chips. They're a delicious alternative to classic burgers and are much healthier too.
- 2 x 400g (14oz) cans chickpeas, drained
- 200g hazelnuts, chopped
- 2 onions, grated
- 4 carrots, grated
- 4tbsp tomato purée
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- Dried breadcrumbs, for coating
- Mash the chickpeas in a large bowl. Stir in the nuts, onions, carrots, tomato purée and eggs. Mix together and season to taste.
- Divide the mixture into 8 and shape each portion into a burger. Dip in the breadcrumbs to coat. Chill for an hour, or overnight.
- Grill the burgers on a medium heat for 3 to 4 mins a side, until browned. Serve in burger buns with salsa and salad.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 300(kcal)
- Fat 18.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.