Skill level: Easy peasy
This spicy chickpea dish is so healthy and great if you fancy something a little fiery.
- 1 large red onion, halved and sliced
- 2tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2tbsp medium curry powder
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut into 3cm cubes
- 2 x 400g (14oz) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tomatoes, peeled, deseeded and chopped
- Half a 20g (1oz) pack fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- Gently cook the onion in the oil until soft. Add the garlic, cook for 1 min, then add the curry powder and stir over a low heat for another minute.
- Stir in the potato, add 425ml water and bring to the boil.
- Cover and simmer for 15 mins, then add the chickpeas and tomatoes; simmer for another 10 mins. Stir in the coriander and chillies.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 290(kcal)
- Fat 10.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.